How yumm-azing does that sound, especially if you are one of those freaks like me who loves avocados, spinach, AND mushrooms; the uber-healthy trifecta. Read on for something super-easy and super-scrumptious.
Oz cafes have a ton of amazing breakfast options. There’s the Shakshuka (turkish style eggs baked and topped with a spicy tomato sauce and chorizo), indulgent French toasts, omnipresent pancakes with an assortment of too good to be true toppings, Big Breakfasts, omelettes, and so on. (I could go on and on, typing and drooling).
A popular vegetarian breakfast option is avocado on sourdough toast which can be served with a side of eggs, or mushrooms, or even without. Having never ordered that (coz I am of the belief that when I order out, I will only order that which I will not make at home, so its mostly over-indulgent french toasts or million-toppings pancakes or potato rostis yada yada yada…) I always stored the idea somewhere in the back of my head.
Avocados are an extremely versatile vegetable. You can use them as spreads, as dips, as salad fillers, and they are even super useful in baking. So using basic ingredients like bread, mushrooms, spinach, feta and avocado, here is a simple yet scrumptious breakfast plan, which doesn’t leave a mound of dirty pots and pans in its wake. Big yay!!
Avo on Toast:
- Crumble the feta cheese so you can sprinkle it onto the toast
- Peel and scoop the avocado out into a bowl
- Mash it
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, and chilly flakes as per your taste
- Toast 2 slices of preferred bread to make them crunchy
- Spread the avocado mash on to the toast
- Sprinkle the feta cheese on top
2. Sauteed mushrooms with spinach
- Slice the mushrooms
- Heat butter in a pan
- Add the sliced mushrooms
- Saute them for about 5-7 minutes
- Switch off the gas, and add chopped spinach
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve warm with the avocado toast
And like I say, now the world is your avocado bowl. Mash it, spread it, slice it, season it the way you like it. And then satisfyingly, eat it :)